#1 Apr 25th 2017 6:35pm
This might be a strange question, but I have a website and a forum with users registering separately on the forum and on the site (I have a photo contest on the site, so to upload photos - they had to register)

Now, I have many users registered with different (in some cases) usernames on the forum and the website.

For BridgeDD going forward, what would be the best course of action? Delete them from WP if they're in the forum? Any tips?
#2 Apr 26th 2017 1:14am
There are two solutions. One is as you mentioned, to delete the users from WordPress and then set the following in the bridgedd_config.php file:

Code: Select all
define('BRIDGEDD_AUTO_INTEGRATE', 'wp');

This setting will automatically integrate logged-in phpBB users when they visit your WordPress site. Please do not make this settings change unless you first delete the users in WordPress, and also make sure that you don't delete your admin account in WordPress!

The other solution is to allow your users to manually integrate their two accounts. To do this, they would log in to phpBB and then go to your wp-login.php login page on your WordPress site. They will see an integration screen, and they should choose the appropriate integration option. This is the safer of the two options since you aren't deleting users, but it means more work for your users.
#3 Apr 26th 2017 7:24am
That's great, thank you.

One follow-up:

I have several WP users with an editor role. If I delete them, how does getting that role back for them work? Once they are re-integrated, can I just then manually change their level from subscriber to editor?
#4 Apr 26th 2017 11:46am
If the editors have made no posts in WordPress, then it would be easiest to delete them, allow them to auto-integrate, and then restore their editor capability. However, if you delete WordPress users who authored articles, their name will no longer appear as author of the article. If this is an issue, then you can't delete those users from WordPress.

At that point it becomes very difficult to set up BridgeDD to manually integrate a subset of users but enable auto-integration of the rest. It can probably be done if you are comfortable using phpMyAdmin. If you aren't comfortable using phpMyAdmin, then the second solution of manual integration for all users would be preferable.
#5 Apr 30th 2017 10:02pm
That all makes sense, thank you!

One more question:

I currently have many more users in WordPress than on the forum. Does auto-integrate work both ways? Can users who aren't registered on the forum auto-integrate from WordPress or does it only work the other way around?

Thanks for all of your help!
#6 May 1st 2017 12:58am
If an un-integrated WordPress user logs into WordPress and then goes to the phpBB login page (ucp.php?mode=login), then they will see a BridgeDD integration screen and can integrate their account to phpBB.