Please post all support requests in the BridgeDD Support forum. Support topics of a general nature will be moved to this forum after there has been no activity for one week.
#1 Jan 16th 2018 7:18pm
HI,

I have version of PHPBB 3.2.2 installed on my website.

I am looking to purchase BridgeDD PRO. I run the requirements file and it passed.

But I want to know if BridgeDD PRO is compatible with 3.2.2. ? I only see it for 3.1.0 and 3.2.0.

Very urgent if someone can reply

thanks,

Dean
#2 Jan 16th 2018 7:30pm
The current release of BridgeDD PRO is fully compatible with phpBB 3.2.2. It is in fact fully compatible with all current releases of phpBB.

I check all release candidate versions of upcoming phpBB releases, and if I find a compatibility issue, I will release a new version of BridgeDD PRO that is compatible with the upcoming phpBB release.
#3 Jan 16th 2018 7:37pm
ah great

My directory on my wordpress site is www.domain.com/forum

so if i just buy the plugin and install it will find the installation no problem?

I wish for my users when they sign up to phpbb to also create automatically user account in wordpress and vice versa.

Can you confirm when account created it's synced (bridged) ?

Also does the phpbb create wordpress account at subscriber level?

thanks
#4 Jan 16th 2018 7:51pm
BridgeDD PRO will not have a problem finding your phpBB installation if wordpress is at domain.com and phpBB is at domain.com/forum.

If BridgeDD PRO is active, users who register in phpBB will have a subscriber-level account created in WordPress.

One thing to keep in mind is that usernames in WordPress are much more restrictive than they are by default in phpBB. For maximum compatibility, I suggest limiting phpBB usernames to "alphanumeric and spacers", or installing a plugin in WordPress that removes its username restrictions.
#5 Jan 16th 2018 8:23pm
How long is the subscription for Pro last? does it expire after 6 months and have to purchase again?
#6 Jan 16th 2018 9:02pm
The BridgeDD subscription is for six months. BridgeDD PRO will continue to work if you do not renew the subscription, but you will not be able to update to a newer version. You will also lose access to the BridgeDD Subscribers forum, which contains BridgeDD PRO add-ons as well as custom support.

If you do not renew your BridgeDD subscription, and a future WordPress or phpBB update breaks your old version of BridgeDD PRO, then you must decide whether to stop using BridgeDD PRO or to re-subscribe.
#7 Jan 16th 2018 10:30pm
Is your plugin compatible with the w3 iframe plugin ( allows you to view pupbb on a Wordpress page ).

I currently have this running and hopefully there is no conflict as works well with my site. You've probably come across the plugin yourself in your time . Thanks
#8 Jan 18th 2018 10:58am
The "w3 iframe plugin" is also a bridge plugin, and it's not possible to run two bridge plugins simultaneously.

Using an iframe for theme integration is how WordPress↔phpBB bridges worked 10+ years ago. BridgeDD PRO uses a modern method that exports your menus (and widgets that you select) to phpBB. This gives you the ability to add your WordPress header/footer to phpBB without the need for an iframe. The result is much better server performance, and no conflicts between phpBB and WordPress.

The process is not automatic; it requires work on your part to add the WordPress CSS/JS to phpBB, and to modify the phpBB header/footer templates to add the WordPress header and footer structure.